10CR '11 Who's got what left to do ?

32valves

Well, someone had to start it  ;D

In my case, haven't looked and likely to remain that way until 2011.

So let's hear about the squishy brakes, wobbly wheel bearings, floppy shocks, lazy wipers, rusty whatever, rattly gearboxes, smokey engines, self destructing electrics, dim lights, 8mpg and dropping horror stories all fixed and made ready for the parade.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

MikeyB wrote:
Today I feel like giving up!

With a tight schedule I was up early this morning sourcing rad hoses and brake shoes. The hoses are in the post and shoes (out of stock) sourced locally.

Having gone to fit the brake shoes the bloomin linings have been stuck onto the shoes the worng way around, so that the leading edge is where the trailing edge should be on each shoe.  They are made by LPR, I suspect they are all the same in this brand!

I have sourced another set made by EBC via ebay from a motor factor at Brightlingsea, about 40 mins away, however they were not stocked but he assured me they would arrive at the shop sometime tomorrow.

On top of that I have just had a phonecall from the hotel booked for germany - they have a plumbing disaster and cannot guarantee a shower in time for our arrival!

Arrgh!!!!!

Mike - I fitted a set a few years ago that where the wrong way round. No noticeable difference.

Archived