MGoT Donington - First Timer's Special

Chriss

On Monday 8th October MGoT are holding their annual track day at Donington.  This year it contains special provision for first timers.  Full details are shown on http://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/136/donington_park_2012-10-08.htm.

We are invited and it is a good opportunity for first timers to get some special treatment.  An instructor will give the first-timer group classroom briefings during the day to provide guidance on the circuit and track driving. Experienced drivers will offer a buddy system. You will be allocated a buddy who will help you learn the ropes - from sign-on to the end of the day. You can also book a personal instruction session when you make your booking.

Summary details of the day are shown below:

Event Information
Event Name: Donington Park, Monday 8th October 2012
Event Location: Castle Donington, Derby - [ view map ]
Noise Limits: 98 db
Number of Spaces: 75
Number of Spaces Remaining: 34
Sign On Time: 07:45
Briefing Time: 08:30
Track Start Time: 09:00
Track End Time: 17:00
* Above start & end times are subject to a lunch break

Prices
MGCC Driver £ 155.00 (MG Car Club Member)
Driver £ 165.00
Add. Driver  £ 16.00  
Passenger £ free

Optional Extras
Instruction £ 11.00, 21/40 available
Helmet XL £ 10.00, 1/2 available
Helmet- Large £ 10.00, SOLD OUT
Helmet -Medium £ 10.00, 4/5 available
Helmet - Small £ 10.00, SOLD OUT

* Optional Extras are sold on a first come, first served basis.

Additional Information
Your chance to visit this fantastic Midlands circuit which is now back registered and fully operational following the F1 debacle. We hope to see 75 MGs anf Triumphs of various models having safe fun on track. We expect each car to have a full 2 hours 20 minutes of track time during the day assuming no stoppages. This is a three session per hour day with 7 sessions each of 20 mins. There will be plenty of space on track, running 25 cars on the two mile circuit will give each car about 140 yards separation without bunching.

Book via http://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/136/donington_park_2012-10-08.htm

• 2 weeks later...

michael_charlton wrote:
It`s not just all `first timers` running with instructors?
I think I may be up for this one

There is 1 session reserved for first timers and instructors/mentors will be available for help on track and off track.  

We clearly don't know the numbers yet but either a I will be available or an experienced MGoT member to assist.  I will provide advice on preparation and other pre-day activities.

If you look at the pull downs at the top of the forum in Competitions > Track Days  and start at What to Expect and read through the following sections you will find the combined knowledge of Club Triumph.  Have a look there for a starter and come back to me with questions.

Chris

It would be great to have a number of new comers to track days come to this event.  Donington is easy to get to from almost anywhere in the country, it is a great and safe circuit.  It has history, good facilities and the world's best F1 car collection and we always have a great day there.

For first timers read only been to a few, or are not very confident on track, or have not been to a track day for a few years.

Clive, Gill are you up for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Enjoy it Peeter.  Have you got the TR7/V8 going now?

I am thinking of doing a Javalin TD at Blyton, just north of Gainsborough, in my 900 JPS when I have got it sorted.  I am looking at Blyton as an option for a range of CT events.  Care to come over there too?

• 3 months later...

Wet with rain......

And a liberal dosing of kerosene from the aircraft coming in to land.  That is why the first few sessions at Donington ary always interesting.

Well done for flying the flag, let's hope a few more can make it next year.