Sourcing Body Panels

Tom2000

I've been given an amazing opportunity via my father to have the bodywork on my Spitfire completely rebuilt from the ground up, new metal were needed, inside outside spray. All I have to pay for is the paint and any body panels that need replacing. No labour costs.

I need to source new quarter panels for the bonnet as there is rust appearing on the seams, I also need to get a new boot floor (the rearest point not the whole thing), where is the best place to source these from?

A month away from having it all done but what colour do you think I should go for? BRG?

Tom

As long as they are heritage panels i think you will be safe getting them from anywhere. i have replaced 18 panels on the GT6 which includes all 4 wings, a boot floor, rear valance, entire passenger side floor section and so on and every panel fitted very well with just minimal adjustments to make it perfectly. I will say however though that all 4 wings needed filler along the top as the press created a few minor ripples, but other than that i was very pleased with the quality.

Archived