rear wheel arches

Dion

My Mk1 is in a reasonable condition - it "only" desperately needs new wheelarches. In and outside.

There is a Mk1 saloon for sale locally for approx 500 pounds which is very sound bodywise. This is a car which has been standing for over 20 years undercover and has lost its engine. The interior is not much good. There is an overdrive in it however - which maybe I could made fit for my TR4.
If I would buy the car for scrap then I can remove the complete rear wings and inner wings. I think it is better to replace the complete rear wing instead of the wheelarches. It is quite hard to weld in the wheelarches and keep the wings straight without using lots of filler.

But... I do not like scrapping cars especially when they have a good body. I assume this is because when I looked to buy a cheap Saloon for the first time years ago (mid eighties), only rotten examples existed. So scrapping a very good body seems sacrilege...

Wat is the alternative? Outer wheelarches may be available I think (Earlpart? or any other supppliers?). Are these any good or would they need a lot of work to make them fit?
What about the inner wheelarches? Can these be bought new?

Any tips and comments welcome.

Think it would be a shame to break an otherwise good car? Not sure I'd want to do all that work just to fit second hand arches which might not be perfect anyway?

The inner arches are not difficult to make. Are Dolomite rear arch outer repair panels still available? I've used these with some success. Bit of adapting required, but nothing too disasterous.