I have halogens - didnt realise this for months until after I bought my car - then was on my way to The Plough and needed some extra light... wow... what a difference - but I want to turn night in to day :D

Do you actually use the lights Mr Nutter? I could stick a couple of those small square ones on mine - hide them behind a grill perhaps?

James

I don't think I'll be masking the rad that much - especially as it'll be October... I've seen a Spit on the TriumphOwners.com with a tiny hole for a grille - though I think thats not a standard rad...

The top spots I originally posted are "period" arent they?

James

I don't think I'll be masking the rad that much - especially as it'll be October... I've seen a Spit on the TriumphOwners.com with a tiny hole for a grille - though I think thats not a standard rad...

The top spots I originally posted are "period" arent they?

James

Yeah, I do actually use them....  I've also got a halogen conversion on the headlights. The inner lights are fogs, the outer driving lights. All were used during the last RBRR, thank god for the fogs, as the headlight switch gave out on the first night and dropped us to side lights only. I now always carry a spare switch !! ;D

Yeah - backup was one of the reasons I was thinking about having them... don't want to have to stop to fiddle about with headlamps...

Anyone know the law on lights? You're only allowed to have 2 on at night right? and then fog lights if its foggy?

Obviously if you're going down a country lane and nobpdy is about then you could have them on full blaze!

James

I think they have to be certain distances apart as well, though, I'm sure I saw a post somewhere about that ... but can't remember. If you smash a light crashing into the back of a TR4 it means you've got spares

:-/

Certain distance apart... have you seen those rally clusters? or the Monte Carlo Mini's? Perhaps they can't be used like that on the road... "it's decorative Officer..."

I've already figured Im going to need a big relay... I might make a sort of scaffold for easy on and off the car...

Holden do a nice range - but a tad expensive - this was meant to be a cheap idea... I've found some spots etc here...

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/lights-1/lights-1.html

James

Tim,

You big spoil sport...

Anyway... breaking news... the V8 plan has started again - so who cares about drag when you have 3.5 litres of V8 torque in your back pocket? (ok - well our wallets might care)

I'm a bit disappointed now - I was almost looking forward to doing it in my Mk3...

James

The distance apart thing. I think it was one of the young Herald owners on TSSC - someone like Mike Crewes mentioned it I think - although I guess it's a bit like black number plates, who's actually going to check. I've never had mine noticed in an MOT.

Archived