Bl**dy great.  I have been running the car to make sure all is Ok and it was....

Except the 'noise' which had worried me before has got much worse and I've now worked out what it is.  The grumble/rattle at higher revs is coming from the gearbox, and 2000 miles is a long way on a 'box that's on it's way out  

I should buy a recon box but £350+vat is more that I can afford at the moment, especially when facing a £300ish fuel bill for the event.  But if I fail to complete then all that money pledged for charity will be lost.

So I really need to replace it this weekend.  A major job for me with limited tools and experience, and first I'd need a replacement box anyway......

It is a long shot but if you have a reasonable used LT77 that's surplus to requirements I would make you a fair offer and collect it (Friday evening preferred).

Can anyone please help?  I'd also gladly accept any supplier's help to do this quickly (and preferably on the cheap) bearing in mind the charitable nature of the run  ;)

Worth a try.  Please mail malcolm.paris@zen.co.uk and malcolm.paris@pecaso.com.

Malcolm.

Oh no :-/

Sorry but I can't help. :'(

Do remember my recent experience though - make sure every last nut and bolt has been removed before trying to remove the 'box and think about your safety above all else. I hope someone can offer you the use of a lift, it'll make it so much easier (and safer)

Archived