Ok, just noticed this section of the forum we've planned quite a few jobs to do on the TR before the run, nothing too drastic but I shall report what gets done on the car over the next few months here. First off then a set of 5 1/2" classic driving lamps that we picked up from Stoneleigh

Tyres are ok, but were fitted in 2000, bit old now and not so far off the wear lines, so a new set will go down a treat, yeah dads gone mad, thinking of fitting period fog lights under the bumper next! I say it might be a bit too much!

While you have more fog overtheir then we, I have found the lower the lights are mounted the better with less backglare.  (lower than the driver's eyes)  I also find that a good pair of amber driving glasses work very well.  The one's I have go from dark to light from top to bottom.  Work well at night and are great when a oncomming driver forgets to dim his.  I'm sure you have checked you electric system that it can handle the extra amps for long periods.  Bill

I'm sure you can't have too many lights for the round britain run! I've found some convenient holes under my bonnet which i'll use to attach the driving lamps too. I've also got some small foglamps, which i'll mount under the overriders. Ste - Ash and I are gonna do the HCR next month - are you up for it?

Yeah thing is i've got my finals in May, plus I'm working a lot.  So I could use the spare weekend to be honest! Using the car everyday I don't need an event as a reason for taking it out!  ;D Have a good run though maybe next year!

Good luck with MTU Ste and keep us updated, maybe start a weblog of your whole fleet?

If you need an extra pair of hands give me a shout as im going to be in warrington more and more in the future, maybe me and Claire will see you in reflex!  ;)

Roll on RBRR When me and phil do a fine job of trying to keep up with you!

Ash

Archived