Where to send a cheque for RNLI

Been given a cheque payable to the RNLI (its from a charity account).
Where should it go, would like it to go towards my total, but it should go somewhere soon I think. I presume there is an account up and running?

Clive

If it is a CAF cheque then only the RNLI can use it, but it doesn't get paid into a bank account.

The RNLI have to fill in their details on the bottom of the cheque then send it direct to CAF, who then pay the funds direct to an RNLI bank account. The RNLI will already have their details registered with CAF for processing cheques like these.

It's not really a cheque at all, more like a voucher, but the end result is that the RNLI get the money direct. Tim's RNLI contact will no doubt be able to give you details of where to send it. I guess all you can do is keep a note of the amount & add it to your total raised.

I said a charity account, it is sort of. Its actually from a teacher who does some extra work for the school and instead of getting paid the school gives cheques to the charity of his choice. So it is effectively a business cheque I guess, but can't claim gift aid. If that makes sense!
Will drop tim a line...
Cheers
Clive

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, great bloke. Spends 1/2 hour a week doing an extra "duty" for charity. He reckons its an easy way to do his bit.
My next target is another friend who works for L+G. He has some of his salary paid into one of the charity accounts and gets a cheque book for it. Wonder how much he can spare...........
And I really must send some begging letters out to local companies too. Which reminds me, I wonder if anybody has some std letters?

Archived