All the best, you lucky people.

Just remember to listen to Raider at the Drivers Briefing.

"We'll all get through this if we work together as a team.
That means you all do exactly what I say!"

To paraphrase another mob that went over the Alps.

Good luck guys.  Drive safe and have fun.

We'll all be following your progress on the Canley Classics site.

and remember, if you're driving through the alps and you see a load of guys in dark suits with sunglasses and machine guns standing on the hill at the side of the road, DON'T STOP! Espoecially if they have a JCB with them...

"preeety car!...."

Good luck everyone. looking forward to joining you in 2007!

Just a word of praise and good will to all you brave hardy souls show the other side of the water that we dont all drive mercs/bmws and japans finest, i wish all the best and safe and trouble free trip especiely the canley team I seam a rolling bulk head last week!! i am sure its going to plan , chers Mike Papworth

I must add my good wishes to all who have the pioneering spirit to do this 10cr (as I do), and the technical ability and machinery (as I do), and the financial juggling skills (as I do), and permission from the other half (as I don't...).

Good job there is now one major continental road trip each year established (Lemon and 10CR). Good wishes to everyone taking part, especially to team 46 in the supersix - Binman and JOhn, I'll be at the Plough in the yellow bananana to make sure you actually go!

Cheers Vin (the 'other' Spitfire Ace!)

From over the ocean, another person wishing you all the best and have loads of fun - I'm sure you will. Make sure there are lots of photos taken (especially of the worksalike - a V8 Mk 1 Sedan is one of my dream cars) so the rest of us can enjoy it vicariously.

Man I'm jealous, firstly that you're all going on such a fantastic sounding run and secondly that you're all doing it in a Triumph.

Good luck all!

Cheers,
Todd

Bit late for good luck as you should all be on your way now, i am so jealous, i was meant to be with you, still have a ferry ticket so maybe if work goes really bad today i'll just jump on the ferry tonight anyway :-)

I hope the trip goes without any major mishaps (minor ones are all part of the course aren't they? and i look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

Bring on RBRR and Classic Le Mans 2006 and 10CR 2007!

Yeah, I'm counting the days till the RBRR 2006 too.

I was offered a seat on the 10CR and had to turn it down - cried myself to sleep that night.

Anyway, I watched the countdown clock tick away the seconds down to zero and sat here in the office visualising what the scene must have been like down at the Plough.

Am I sad - or what? :-/

Maybe we should form a breakaway group - The Leftbehinders!

I was at the Plough to see you all off and it was great, particularly the way you all parked with "like" vehicles. Hope I got some good pics, but have to wait for Barry to return to show them as he has the camera... See you all on Monday at The Plough again!

Archived