I'm not a club member at the Moment, but this sounds interesting and now that I'm pretty much back on the road with my 1500 Spit I really should be joining up regardless.

Can somebody in the know enlighten me with very quick answers to the following questions.

Start and end place? (route is not so important, I see it's about 2500 miles), I just have to work out the extra miles required to get to the start and back from the finish from the South of Norway.

When?

Format, i.e. How many days, how many miles per day, camping or hotels or what?

Sound exciting, reckon I could get my misses to go for this, she'd be coming with me though!

We start in Enfield in the UK BUT we usually have a continental start at Steenvorde although you can pick up the run anywhere on the route really - we aren't that strict! The route, format etc will be announced soon - imminently.
Basically it's full on driving, camping, beer drinking and farting (the farting is optional but it helps) for 3 or 4 days. Stick around, read the event reviews, join the club and all will become apparent. I wrote a review of our 2003 escapades http://www.canleyclassics.com/10cr03.asp?topic=review

Nice Spitfire by the way, it deserves a good run out!

Seeing as you live in Norway, here's a thought for you - a drive to the Arctic circle - or Russia?

Pleased with the results on the car up to now, really looking forward to when it's 100%, it's 8 years since it's last good run.

Sounds exciting, could be tempted, there's a ferry from Kristiansand direct to Newcastle, could visit a few people on the way to Enfield and then use the 10CR as a sort of round about route home.

The first original plan was to get the Spitfire ready for a North of Norway (and hence Artic Circle) run this summer, still on the cards one day and it'd be a great run.

To put it in perspective though, Rome is a shorter drive from us than the North of Norway, so why not go one way one year the other way the next!!!!

Russia, I'm not that brave, maybe in a Daimler Ferret, but not in a Spitfire

Quote:
Now, I guess I should join the club, I am sure I'll find some info somewhere..

Go to"Home" - the one in the blue right at the top of the page, not the one with the little house :B

Then click on "the Club" and you will find "join" in a drop down menu.

Welcome to the club and I look forward to seeing you on the 10CR :)

Archived