clutch peddle solid

steve leckey

Trying to get back into restoring my gt6 after a bereavment got into the garage for the first time in two years.Put fresh fuel in pulled on choke up she started couldn't beleive it ,the only thing is the clutch peddle won't go down its solid.Anyone have any tips on freeing clutch.Just completed a seat kit from Park lane classics thats what got me back into my gt6. 8)

You'll probably find the same thing I did....the clutch master cylinder piston has stuck in the bore.
I just changed mine for a new one as it was only about £40 from Canleys,however nothing stopping you popping it out and resealing it.
Take the rubber boot off under the bonnet remove the clevis pin and see if the rod moves with a little pressure.....if not theres is your problem.

Good luck,
Alex

thanks Alex just stripped it you were right the piston was solid.Should of kept that tin of clutch fluid at home not work,where can you get clutch fluid on a sunday at 6.30 local garage had nothing like, looks like most normal people just get it done at the next service.Thank god i'm not normal.Just spent an hour masking of the windscreen lip so i can get the headling in.

Archived