PAULK152

Need some help and advice as follows :

Have fitted a spitfire 15oo engine to a herald 13/60 box  and renewed clutch, master and slave cylinders but the clutch will not  release when pedal is fully depressed

the above has been installed and bled professionally without solution to the p[roblem

the above is fitted to a herald chassis and fibre glass tub - see Moss Roadster ( web Moss Owners Club )

anyone had similar experiences with the clutch not releasing

any comment welcomed

suggest you email to paulk152@gmail.com

thanks

Paul K

I reckon technical! So I have put it here :)
Hmm, is the slave cylinder set up so the bleed nipple is above the feed pipe?
Does th eclych arm move immediately the pedal is pressed?
Is it the correct slave cylinder (groove down one side, not all the way round)
What brand of clutch was fitted

BTW this is a discussion forum, so people will put replies on the board  ;)

thanks for the reply and no the bleed nipple is on the bottom - as set by the mechanic I called in - so this can be changed
otherwise everyt thuing is as you suggested

someone has suggested to me that nair can often be a problem and reccommended connecting the brake master cylinder direct to the slave cyl nipple and using the brake pedal to pump fluid through the clutch system in reverse to expell all the air - ever done it like that..?

Paul K 152

to Chris Allen WMO

Yes I have mixed  and got spit 1500 flywheel and complete (new) 7.5" clutch mated to a 13/60 set up including bell housing and (new) release bearing + existiing arm.

what did you find  - when you did this as I have a spare spit 1500 gear box and bell housing complete ( in poor condition) but the "1500" the release bearing arm only moves a fraction of the distance  moved by the currently fittedt 13/60 set up ....... I thought it should move at least 3/4 of an inch..??

would appreciate your advice

regards

Paul K

2778 wrote:

someone has suggested to me that nair can often be a problem and reccommended connecting the brake master cylinder direct to the slave cyl nipple and using the brake pedal to pump fluid through the clutch system in reverse to expell all the air - ever done it like that..?

Paul K 152

I've never tried that one, but also never needed to as these usually bleed with no problems, although the bleed nipple at the bottom could be the cause as previously suggested as this can cause a small air trap.

Archived