SAH Rocker Cover

Trumper

Just picked up a GT6 chassis with all the running gear and the engine which has a very smart SAH rocker cover with a Spitfire flip up type petrol cap as the oil cover cap.
I haven't seen one before and know very little about SAH? Im unsure whether to fit it to my GT6 or sell the item. Anyone know anything about this item, the history, how rare they are, what its worth, does it have enough panache to make it a suitable addition to my own car or should i stay with the original tin cover?
Im stripping the whole car and salvaging all the good bits as the body is completely shot.

Thanks - Andy

I too would be very interested if you don't work something out with the Doctor.  Steve

To add, SAH was the predecessor of today's TriumphTune.  Started by Syd Hurrell, who actually seemed to have a clue, they supplied the go-fast bits back in the day.  Someone else will probably have more input but I recall that SAH had a rear suspension conversion for the MK 1 GT6 that became the RotoFlex of the MkII version.

A SAH valve cover is a lovely bit of period history for a car that I've been seeking for quite some time.  Haven't a clue as to actual value however.

Sold one on fleabay about 4-5 years ago. Was over the moon as it fetched about £70, and I bought it off rimmers for £15 at Stafford a week before! Doesn't happen like that anymore, that was the days when all the Triumph stuff fitted on one ebay page...........

What colour is it...i know that sounds daft but i picked up an SAH head for Roger that he'd bought on ebay and it was painted a light blue ,almost wedgewood ,and the guy said that's how SAh painted them ,but then again he could have been talking out of his arris

Might be worth taking some pics of the head and post here ...see if it's been worked on
SAH did there own cams as well i think ..so if you could get a no of that it would help...but that would mean some stripping ...but then someone could have just stuck an SAH rocker cover on a bog standard engine cos it looked cool

"someone could have just stuck an SAH rocker cover on a bog standard engine cos it looked cool"

Yup - that also crossed my mind and its the most likely scenario but i'll get some more pics tomorrow and post them up and see if anyone knows anything more

Thanks again Doug!

Archived