Revised route - updated SatNav files

Howard

I will update the SatNav files tomorrow & issue them to everyone who previously requested them. This time they will be sent via the CT Message board since allows files to be attached.

If any other entrants wants these files for their SatNav, please PM me.

Cheers

Howard

Hi Bruce

Can you let me know how you do with Googlemaps as a SatNav? It seems like a very good idea, but when I loaded Chris's map onto my phone it appeared to load completely, but when I checked the complete route it started correctly at Flamborough Head but stopped after 50 or so miles.. I suspect this is down to the maximum number of way points Google will let you use being exceeded...

Also zoom right in to carefully check the actual route created by Google since it includes a number of loops and turn backs that are difficult to avoid when creating a complex route using Google Maps.

Thanks

Howard

On 24/06/2021 at 22:28, Howard said:

Updated SatNav files sent through the forum PM service. If you haven't received them, let me know & if you want to be added to the list let me know.

Cheers

Howard

Can you please PM me the files Howard.

Ian (participating with Tim Ward)

On 23/06/2021 at 09:10, Howard said:

Hi Bruce

Can you let me know how you do with Googlemaps as a SatNav? It seems like a very good idea, but when I loaded Chris's map onto my phone it appeared to load completely, but when I checked the complete route it started correctly at Flamborough Head but stopped after 50 or so miles.. I suspect this is down to the maximum number of way points Google will let you use being exceeded...

Also zoom right in to carefully check the actual route created by Google since it includes a number of loops and turn backs that are difficult to avoid when creating a complex route using Google Maps.

Thanks

Howard

Hi Howard. You are correct. they don't work🤐

So I am busy plotting using MY MAPS which I can then use via googlemaps. Hopefully that works.

Bruce