pixie

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

After replacing my radiator hose with an aftermarket silicone hose and being disappointed with small leaks, I finally managed to track down the company that claims to have the original tooling to manufacture this hose. This is:

Nufox Rubber Limited
Unit 1, Bentley Avenue
Middleton, MANCHESTER, M24 2GP
Tel: +44 (0) 161 655 8800 Fax: +44 (0) 161 655 8801
Web: http://www.nufox.com

I have ordered an upper and lower hose, references 1471R and 1459R respectively. Prices are fantastic. I am expecting delivery in the next two weeks so I will keep everyone updated.

Also a word of advice. British Leyland (in their infinite wisdom) utilised wire and worm clips, which in my experience are undesirable.
They are unable to sympathetically expand and contract and are prone to corrosion.

Far better is the clip used on the 2nd generation Honda Civic, Honda part number 19511-PA6-003. Lets face it. Honda know what they're doing 😉  BL..... Mmmmmm 😀

• 3 weeks later...

I Paid less than £60 including shipping for the two sets. In fact, I was so delighted with the price quoted for 1 set, I ordered 2. This on the premise that I could potentially buy another Acclaim in the future. Interestingly, I've only just noticed that the company do other product lines in rubber, so it is possible they could do the windscreen seals. Might be worth asking the question

It looks as though windscreen seals are something they would certainly tackle. The front and rear seals on my car and a friends car are both on the way out and I expect they are on most cars now. If no-one else fancies having a go (don't want to tread on any toes or duplicate effort) I would be happy to see if a batch of seals could be created. Would there be much interest?
Richard

Thanks Dan. I think I only have a small sample of an old seal.

Now folks, an update on the hoses. I fitted the new ones this afternoon and I can confirm that they fit beautifully! So well infact, they could have grew there. It was simply a case of transferring the shrouds from the old upper hose to the new one. I also fitted the replacement Honda clips. Some pictures below:

Refilled with 50/50 G30 and de-ionised water. Bled and is running a dream 🙂

• 2 weeks later...