marktheherald

I have a quantity of pop rivets to install and am suffering from a rather weak wrist, (no jokes, please) which makes using a standard pop rivet gun painful.  Does any one have experience of the air driven ones and would a £50 budget get me a reliable one?  The lazy tong variety may be too awkward, space wise...

Mark, I can thoroughly recommend an air rivet gun. I bought one some years ago to rivet the floor in on a Silva Phoenix; hundreds of them. Worth every penny and they can cope with stainless rivets with ease. I bought one from Azminster Power Tools and at that time it was about fifty pounds. A bit more now but a great bit of kit.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-r15-air-riveter-kit-800435

cheers

John

I am very tempted by the cordless drill attachment type.  Not then restricted to compressor range...  Some on ebay, probably Chinese... Further investigation has revealed that the cheaper ones only handle steel rivets up to 4.0mm.  Iv'e  gone for  a more expensive one that will handle up to 4.8 mm steel and stainless.