The GT6 restoration begins.....

G.T.6

Hi Guys, well after my brief introduction the other day, as promised I have attached some pictures of my gt6 as she was the day I had her recovered onto my driveway looking in a very sad state indeed but I have an eye for potential  and I do believe this little baby has plenty so I wasted no time in removing the tub from the chassis and giving her a thorough coat of looking at to figure out my plan of attack. The attack is strip chassis clean and galvanise then onto suspension/brakes and steering overhaul. Full engine/Trans strip,check rebuild then the icing on the cake thorough grit blast of the the body, repair all panel damage, acid dip, zinc cathodic protection and paint......  :)

definite diamond in the rough. Before you tackle the floors and sills, be sure to brace the doors and put the tub securely back on the chassis, in order to keep everything lined up correctly.

Good luck and keep us posted. I look forward to your progress.

I wonder if it might be best to put the body back onto the chassis and tackle the tub restoration first. I have come across many stalled restorations where the owners have put all their efforts into chassis and mechanics and run out of steam and funds before doing anything with the body which will be by far the most costly and time consuming part of the restoration.

Chassis is well on its way to completion plenty of hours spent already, grinding, cutting, welding all good for the soul!!
Here are a few progress piccies.....

Interesting finish after the phosphoric acid applied.

Home made replacement outrigger.

Repaired bonnet hinge support section.

Whole chassis given a good clean down to the metal after all repairs carried out.

After a couple of coats of zinc galv primer.....