Felix

I've been looking out for a rear seat to add to my mk2 gt6, and then two come along at the same time (on eBay this week). Funnily enough, the black one is already up to £128, but the tan one is still at 99p. Are they really worth it? I've got two young kids who love to sit in the front, strapped in their kid chairs, and having a back seat would be marvelous until they get too big. But without the option of rear seat belts, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with them riding in the back. The GT6 is not the family car, so the rear seat would be nice to have, but not essential.

What's the verdict? Are they really worth it? Can an adult use it?

Felix

Don't even consider kids in the back with no belts!
I reckon if you really wanted to, you could fit some rear belts, but once the kids are any size they won't fit, an adult certainly won't.Just try sitting on the shelf as it is.

People seem to like the look, not sure why? They serve no useful purpose, unless you just want the car to look like a 2+2?

I have rear seat - missing the cylinder locks though. Not going to fit as completely pointless/useless as a seat - Yes, it does give it a 'finished' look to it, but without it, it still looks nice.

Kids in back....nah. Unless on private land where there are no dickheads driving like time is running out or johnny foriengner without licence or insurance

Safety and usability notwithstanding, the rarity of a rear seat may raise the value of the car.

Unfortunately, it represents extra weight, but if you're just cruising around, I say go for it.

As much as I like the ridiculousness of them, adding to the car's appeal, I can barely get anyone to ride in the passenger's seat (up front) due to it's relative small size.

Well, somebody wants them: the black rear seat sold on eBay for £221, and the bids on the tan seat have gone from 99p at the time of my original post, to £181.
As much as they might look good, I think I'll skip, and keep my kids in the front seat safely buckled into their kid seats.

I'll focus my efforts on finding two reclining front seats for my Mk2 GT6 facelift model. I'm sure someone must have a pair of those knocking about in their shed somewhere?

That's a great photo of your GT6 in the parking lot, Docman. It feels a bit like that stuck in traffic on the M25 motorway around London.

Felix