Rear Seat Belts

AlastairC

Hi All

I need to fit rear seat belts to my stag fairly urgently.  Can anyone send me a reasonably detailed description of how to do this?  I understand that its not particulkarly difficult and that some of the required fittings are already in the car.  I want to fit the recoil type belts.  Any thoughts please to alastair.cox@nzqa.govt.nz

cheers

Alastair Cox

Fitted static belts to mine recently.  Nothing was available on the car to use so drilled 4 holes and used wide and sturdy washers to give extra strength to the mounting.  Two in the middle behind the seat mounting to the floor as it rises over the diff.  The others one each side in the wheel arch sides.

Julian

There have been quite a few threads on rear seat belts on the SOC forum, if you do a search for "rear seat belts" quite a few different threads come up, I'm sure there'll be some help there.  For what it's worth I've got 2 point static lap belts in the back of mine, but I very rarely have anyone in the back seat.

Richard

didnt realise that there is virtually nothing behind the back of the back seat.  I know this is the case with the mk1 2000 saloons and I have heard of one case where a stael panel has been added and welded in to add more strength - this was for a targa Tour car though.  Not sure if it would add much value in the stag case though given that other than at the sdies and the bottom there is nothing to attach it to and so probably wouldnt add much strength or benefit the addition of rear horizontal seatbelts.