Quick question about the rear leaf spring

BiTurbo228

Just wondering if the leaf spring sits completely horizontal when the car's sitting on the level.

I need to make a mock-up of the rear suspension to weld on my chassis brackets, but I've got a new un-bedded in spring so I've got no idea how it all sits.

Also, does anyone know the distance between the mount on the diff and the eye on the leaf spring on a rotoflex car?

The leaf spring on a Rotoflex Vitesse has quite an arc on it, see attached Picture?

The Eye to Eye dimensions of a Mk2 Vitesse 11 Leaf spring is 1012mm Give or a take a couple of mm.

The height with it resting on a flat floor in it's normal horizontal position is 165mm from the centre of the bottom leaf to the floor.

The GT6 Rotoflex Spring has 7 Leaf's I think, but the dimensions given above should be similar, there was a chart posted on here with all the various Spring ratings and sizes, you may find it if you search?

Regards

Gary

garyf wrote:
The leaf spring on a Rotoflex Vitesse has quite an arc on it, see attached Picture?

The Eye to Eye dimensions of a Mk2 Vitesse 11 Leaf spring is 1012mm Give or a take a couple of mm.

The height with it resting on a flat floor in it's normal horizontal position is 165mm from the centre of the bottom leaf to the floor.

The GT6 Rotoflex Spring has 7 Leaf's I think, but the dimensions given above should be similar, there was a chart posted on here with all the various Spring ratings and sizes, you may find it if you search?

Regards

Gary

Gotcha, shall give it a go searching. The issue is that it's not the length eye-to-eye with it sitting on the floor that I need, but the length eye-to-eye of it as-installed on a car that's in fully-driveable condition (or at least weighted down the same).

I need to make a mock-up of the suspension, and when it's compressed the curve will flatten out and the eyes will move further apart...

BiTurbu228,
From this link:http://auskellian.com/paul/links_files/springs.htm I find the fitted eye to eye length should be 1047mm.
                                                                           Cheers,
                                                                           Paul

1317 wrote:
BiTurbu228,
From this link:http://auskellian.com/paul/links_files/springs.htm I find the fitted eye to eye length should be 1047mm.
                                                                           Cheers,
                                                                           Paul

Absolutely perfect, thanks a million :)

796 wrote:
if ye no gota figure be foer im back, , then I be bak yam on Tues

M

Stunning, thankyou. I'll check the length there against the unsprung lengths to see if it checks out :)