Rear spring roto flex gt6 mk3

Mr Elsie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
Only just seen this message
I have one from Moss/Triumphtune as well. If the spacers you are looking for are the little discs - no I don't have them either. I bought mine before xmas but not fitted it yet. Have you fitted yours?
Van

I am just now seeing this also!  Sorry, Mr. Elsie!

Here are the photos of the factory GT6 Mk3 springs, rotoflex suspension spring top, swing-spring bottom:

The factory shop manual has rear spring specs as to number of leaves, arch, etc.  I am not near my shop manual now, but if you're near yours, it's at the beginning of the section for the rear suspension.

Rear spring is fitted now and was a pig of a job. Raised the back end by about an inch!! . Had to swap front springs also for standards as I had quite low springs on front and there was a noticeable angle from the rear to the front.  Looks more even now with standard springs.

Annoyingly though I still seem to bottom out on shocks which surprises me. Have them on softish settings but I'd have thought they wouldn't do this with new spring on. Am I missing something obvious.  Shocks are gaz and are mounted on the extension bracket and not to wheel arch.

3815 wrote:
  Shocks are gaz and are mounted on the extension bracket and not to wheel arch.

If mounting to the extension brackets and not the wheel arch your shockers will bottom out very easily as they are too long if they are the original roto flex type.

You need shorter shockers to fit to the extension brackets so they do not bottom out.