Moss 'slightly' lowered front springs

Greenie

Has anyone used the Moss front springs? They're described as 'slightly lowered' in the catalogue but having just bounght some and compared to my old springs they appear 'extraordinarily' lowered!

My old springs measure about 13 inches uncompressed, the Moss ones are 9 and a half inches. I was planning to use these with standard shock absorbers but is that such a good idea now?

Thanks that would be great, are you using standard shock absorbers too?

I've no idea if mine are also 480 lbs, but it doesn't look like they'll have to compress very much at all using them with standard Woodhead shocks

spring is 7" fitted thats on a herald, i do not know if a spit would be the same, but it can't be far off
i am useing spax shocks but it does not matter what shocks you use as its the spring that sets the car height not the shock(unless you are using height ajustable ones)

The new springs are quite different. The old ones would have been compressed on the shock even off the car, the new ones will not. They also compress much less, so yes, they will be lower, and no, it won't be a disaster. They will do as they say, lower the front a bit :) and the car will handle all the better for that. Just make sure you check the tracking afterwards.

Thanks folks, doesn't look so bad now they're assembled - even though there was only about 20 mm compression of the springs. I'm building from the chassis up so it's on stands at the moment. Will probably look better once it's standing on it's own 4 wheels!

Archived