Rotoflex spring advice wante please

John Bonnett

Right; now I have actually driven the car and the suspension has settled the car is sitting quite low at the back which is surprising. I have no idea about the history of the spring but it does seem, given that my car is quite a bit lighter than standard that it is a bit saggy. If Dave Pearson picks this up or if anyone can tell me, do Canley supply a Sheffield made GT6 Rotoflex spring? I remember that I bought a swing spring from him for my old GT6 and it transformed the car.

Hi John,

I got a new rear rotoflex spring from Chic Doig. This has been on the car for a few years now and is fine. If Canleys can't help a call to Chic may throw some light on things.

BTW I think the car is stunning. Hope to see it in the flesh some time.

Chris

Quoted from GT6chris
Hi John,

I got a new rear rotoflex spring from Chic Doig. This has been on the car for a few years now and is fine. If Canleys can't help a call to Chic may throw some light on things.

BTW I think the car is stunning. Hope to see it in the flesh some time.

Chris

That's very kind of you Chris. Thank you. I have now driven the car for a few miles and it feels quite good. The Mike Papworth gearbox is like silk, the diff quiet and the overdrive works. I'm running a 3.89 diff which seems about right. I certainly would not want to go any higher given the close ratio GT6 box. It understeers more than I expected but I might be able to tune that out. I have added a lot of weight with the Dynamat but there is no drumming so well worth the weight penalty. I'm really looking forward to getting it MOTd and on the road so that I can enjoy it. I have loved the build but I shall enjoy driving it more.......I hope!