Aftermarket wheels

asam_x

I need some advice on fitting some wide wheels. Would a set of 15" 8J rear ET15 and 7J front ET 20 fit a 1977 2500s. I will be fitting Stag front legs with caliper and discs, and Stag rear suspension including diff.  Also does anyone know the PCD and ET on original Stag alloys so I know the fitment required. Many thanx.

On the works 2.5PIs we ran Stag suspension front and rear and diff,dont forget that the rear drums are wider than the standard saloon hence as I said on your other post you will have to press out the top of th rear arches, the PCD on the Stag wheels is the same,the calipers on the Stag are bigger so you will need the bigger wheels for clearance,  Keith Baker

2235 wrote:
dont forget that the rear drums are wider than the standard saloon hence as I said on your other post you will have to press out the top of th rear arches

Not totally true, the drums are wider at the point where the shoes touch but are the same width at the hub flange and don't alter the rear track. The drum is recessed towards the hub on the outside.
You do need to make sure that the wheels will fit the Stag drums as those with a large mounting face will not fit in the recess of the drum but be held off by the outer part of the drum. This is not a problem with Stag/S wheels but is with some others where a 5mm spacer will be required to bridge the recess.
See my blog from April 2011 for pics of the drums.

Colin

Also, something to bear in mind with Stag drums is that they have numbers cast proud into the drums, this caused issues with getting the wheels seated on my old Mk1. I took the letters off with a grinder to get the wheels to sit flat on the drum face - I still needed to reduce the wheel arch lip with that same grinder (handy tools!). That was all wide track Stag rear end, Stag front brakes and 15" KN Gemini wheels - all fitted nicely in the end :-)