parkesie

my studs are all new been looking at that  thread a bit alarming might switch to mgf ones. my existing wheels are tr7 steelswith daft tyres on. just wonderd if aloys would clear brake calipers.

might of helped if id put that in original post  :)
cheers for info so far

Most trucks and vans use open wheel nuts. i believe as long as the studs dont protude to far it would be fine even then you could just put a plastic cap over it.

spitbang i noticed you have revolutions on your gt6 what size are they? and was anything needed to aid fitting?

chris

Steve

If you decide to go with the open wheel nuts, I've got a load I don't need. Not sure of the size but they certainly look to be 1/2 inch. Happy to send you one to try, if it fits you can have a full car set for the price of postage.

Same for anyone else who wants to give them a go

HTH

Jim

steve

main thing is have any spacers been used and how much clearance for brake calipers.
just won a set on fleabay 13 inch like yours. I like the stance the odd size tyres give your car may havr to do something similar.
Thanks for the info

chris

Spitbang, Revolution nuts are available for 7/16" studs eg Ford so find out what they're like. If they're a larger outside diameter you may have to get the wheels drilled. If not, job done.
If you then want to fit a standard steel it looks like TR6 nuts might be the answer (anyone confirm that?)

Quote:
As I see it this leaves me having to use the std. dia. wheel nuts, but extended so more thread is in the long 1 5/8 inch wheel nut shank. This is all OK unless I need to fit the spare or other wheels, so what it boils down to is, is it acceptable to use open wheel nuts (not domed) with long wheel studs when using a more standard wheel?

Yes I think its okay. In fact, scrutineering love open wheel nuts because they can see how much thread the nuts are held on by!

Archived