tooslow

You can fit MGB 14" wheels to the hubs but you need different adaptors from the normal Triumph ones. This site should tell you everything:
http://www.mwsint.com/FitmentGuide/DisplayEntry.asp?CarId=FG000037&Make=TR&CarYear=1970
Whether the wheels/tyres will fit in the arches I have no idea.

Hello Tooslow,

if you have never had wire wheels before, just be prepared for a lot of tedium in keeping them clean. Having owned one car with wire wheels, I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience.

Alec

I had 175x 13 tyres on my spitfire which really filled the arches, so if the rolling radius on the Bond tyres are smaller go for 155 or 165 to keep the speedo close.
(IMHO dont go for chrome wires unless you enjoy cleaning them :- around 2 hours per wheel.... painted look just as good with less chance of rusting ;)  

piman wrote:
Hello Tooslow,

if you have never had wire wheels before, just be prepared for a lot of tedium in keeping them clean. Having owned one car with wire wheels, I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience.

Alec

That pretty much sums up my experience with wire wheels. Plus they flex a lot during hard cornering, so the car won't feel so responsive, and mine had a very nasty habit of coming loose as well.

However, if you like the look then don't let me put you off. I had them on my Vitesse for eight years, so they couldn't have been that bad.

Archived