mikeyb

Well the PI now has a TR6 engine.  Thanks to advice from Richard B regarding unbolting the crossmember and letting the car bounce on its springs, Colin (scrapman) for assisting with the task, and a wonderful device from accross the pond called an "Oberg Tilter".  

With the combination of these 3 things, engine and box went back into the car together - marginally easier than doing the Stag I think! (mind you I didn't know then cross member trick then!).

Awesome!

Well I'm on 12hr days today and tomo so not much progress expected (although Colin did suggest trailering the PI to work and carrying on in the car park!).

So that leaves Mon, given that I have all the injection gear to swap over and coax back into life, probably late afternoon (or most likely half hour before I'm due at the Plough!).  I just hope the metering unit settings match ok with the fast road cam that's in this engine - only one way to find out!.

Got my tilter a couple of years ago from Ebay - about 30 quid all in but worth every penny!

http://www.primetimesolutions.com/Automotive/Other-Auto-Solutions/Oberg-Tilt-Lift-Engine-Sling?cid=161&leadsource=PF104&cvsfa=495&cvsfe=12&cvsfp=TILT01

not sure about the postage - looks like a good piece of kit. I've yet to need to fo any saloon engine out work, hope I won't have to for some time too :-)

Jason wrote:
http://www.primetimesolutions.com/Automotive/Other-Auto-Solutions/Oberg-Tilt-Lift-Engine-Sling?cid=161&leadsource=PF104&cvsfa=495&cvsfe=12&cvsfp=TILT01

not sure about the postage - looks like a good piece of kit. I've yet to need to fo any saloon engine out work, hope I won't have to for some time too :-)

I found them as well, but they only post to the US and Canada, so we would need some enteprising Triumphero in the US to buy them and post them on.

Must add one to my "buy" list for my next trip to the US.

Archived