Herald 13/60 engine in a Toledo

Jordon T

Hiya Buddy, I'm currently putting a 13/60 engine into my little Tolly, I've swapped over most of the parts from the Toledos engine.
I've matched all the best parts from both engines and put them on the Herald lump reading to be fitted into the car sometime today or tomorrow.

Just out interest, Some people have told me to stick with the Stromberg carb and its Intake manifold. But then other people say stick with the Toledos SU and Its Intake.

Which is best?

Jordan

:)

heraldcoupe wrote:
The sumps are different and will presumably need to be swapped, they certainly do when putting a Toledo engine into a Herald. I can't see any other problems.
Small crank is certainly an upgrade, stick with the Toledo inlet manifold though,

Cheers,
Bill.

Unless it is a late 13/60 engine in which case it becomes a large crank motor.... ;D ;D ;D

M.

2504 wrote:
Hiya Buddy, I'm currently putting a 13/60 engine into my little Tolly, I've swapped over most of the parts from the Toledos engine.
I've matched all the best parts from both engines and put them on the Herald lump reading to be fitted into the car sometime today or tomorrow.

Just out interest, Some people have told me to stick with the Stromberg carb and its Intake manifold. But then other people say stick with the Toledos SU and Its Intake.

Which is best?

Jordan

:)

twin su :p
i dont think its makes a massive difference i went with the twin SU because the manifold it SO much easier to take on and off :p
that and the centre stud on my single Stromberg carb had snapped so i would of had to source a new one (was on a budget :p)

i know the 'fuel economy' goes down with the su's and there a little harder to set up.

Ah yes he did, but he might have been assumptive that all 13/60s are small crank as many are...  Then again, he might have known which crank it was...

BTW Bill, I've still got a Toledo front panel of yours!  When do you want me to drop it off?  I might be in Swindon later this month/early September.  You gonna be around?

Mark

1218 wrote:
BTW Bill, I've still got a Toledo front panel of yours!  When do you want me to drop it off?  I might be in Swindon later this month/early September.  You gonna be around?

Most weeks I spend a couple of days working with Paul Cull in Wootton Bassett, but which days are highly variable! If you can let me know a day or two before your down this way I can tailor my week around you,

Cheers,
Bill.