How To Attach Vitesse Spec Bumpers

Stu 1986

Hello Chaps,
I have a set of Vitesse Spec bumpers to fit to my car. I have had them cleaned and polished and the look the business.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how they fit to the car, and will I need to fabricate brackets for them to attach to or anything?

Ta,
Stu.

They use large pop rivets. Small slot head bolts would also work as long as they have a large thin head. Or even those very tasty cap head bolts in stainless from namricks that have a shallow mushroom head :) The only brackets are on the ends of the front valance, though I ran mine without  :B

Would be interested to know what sort of work you had done to them.  Most are pretty scratched and the anodised finish is apparently hard to replicate.  I use the flay cap head stainless screws.  The look good and you can easily remove them to clean

Thanks for the replies so far, I'll have a look at the options you've given me. As for the work I had done I took them to a local platers who did some magic. Before they were scuffed, scratched & even had flecks of concrete on them but after they are nearly 100% clean. They removed the anodised finish & polished the metal to a high shine which is protected by metal laqcor. There are still some small marks but they are barely noticeable. The only major issue is the rear centre one, which has holes & damage from a tow bar being fixed to it. But I've got a plan for that....