GT6 door glass outer weather seal fitting

stevegt6

Morning... Need help

Cannot get the clips over the seal enough to bite properly and keep seal where it should be... I have the appropriate tool, but maybe i am just trying it in wrong way or something...

Last attempt ended in drivers door having to be painted again  :(

I have the correct clips (checked several times) - but to me, the clips used for the inner seal seem much better and easy to install.

Any help very much appreciated

Cheers
Steve

Steve, there should be small depressions in the seal to mark where the clips go. These make the seal thickness a little thinner for the clips to bite. I find dropping the door glass from the regulator pins and lowering to the bottom of the door makes the job easier. Here is a pic of the seals and different types of clip.  :)

Helpful piccie, thanks...

I have same clips, but my seals do not have any depressions/recesses ....and i think this set of seals was from CC's - but not 100%

New set of seal then from another supplier in first instance....rather than try and trim out recesses myself (bound to go wrong that one)

I have done same with glass.

Cheers
Steve