vitesse window angle

wukkie1

hi i am nearing a 68 vitesse renovation and am having trouble with the drivers door window, when its up it pushes the quarterlight into the front side, can i adjust the angle that the window raises, the q/light is fully back so i think i need to adjust the lift angle, regards bill

1123 wrote:
hi i am nearing a 68 vitesse renovation and am having trouble with the drivers door window, when its up it pushes the quarterlight into the front side, can i adjust the angle that the window raises, the q/light is fully back so i think i need to adjust the lift angle, regards bill

Do you mean the quarter light hits the Windscreen 'A' Post?

If so then because there's very little adjustment of the Quarter Light and rear glass run channel you will need to adjust the angle of the Windscreen 'A' Post, this can be done by loosening the front scuttle body mountings on the drivers side (1 at the front, 2 at the sides and 4 at the join to the rear bulkhead) and placing a packing piece/pieces at the rear most side mounting to twist the top of the 'A' Post upwards and forwards.

You should then be able to adjust the door at the bulkhead mountings to drop slightly and provide a clearance between the quarter light and 'A' Post?

Hope this makes sense :-/      

Archived