routeing  diagrams  (brake lines/fuel lines)

qed296

Had a search online and in the books I have but can't seem to find any diagrams showing the correct way to route the brake lines around the chassis.Same as the fuel lines.

Is there any reference material I can get hold of?

Thanks

It's not perfect, but the Canleys website uses the old factory drawings (I think, I'm sure Dave will be along to correct me if I'm wrong), and they give an idea of layout. The perspective they're drawn in does help a bit to work out which side of various chassis members they run in.
http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-vitesse-hydraulic-pipes

One thing with the Mk2 Vitesse which is different to most other Herald/Vitesse models as far as I'm aware is that the rear brake pipe linking the rear Drum brakes is actually clipped to the underside of the Bulkhead and not to the Chassis.

If you can get a copy of the Practical Classic Vitesse restoration book form the early 1990's this will be a mine of information for all aspects of the rebuild and show's a number of photo's of Brake pipe routing?

With regard to the front brake pipe link between the disc brakes and the low level four way junction on the Chassis, this is routed to the back of the front chassis cross member and then up via the suspension Turrets, here's a photo of the front of my old Car during its rebuild which was based on what I saw on other Mk2 Vitesse's and also the PC Book.

Hope it helps?

• 2 weeks later...

Got my copy I purchased  off eBay today for £7 posted and it's in amazing condition.

Just a quick one,do the brake lines run in the chassis and fuel line,I've not studied the book properly but can't see a clear enough picture (may be in written form the route but only had a quick flick through )

Quoted from qed296
Got my copy I purchased  off eBay today for £7 posted and it's in amazing condition.

Just a quick one,do the brake lines run in the chassis and fuel line,I've not studied the book properly but can't see a clear enough picture (may be in written form the route but only had a quick flick through )

Well done, the book will be a great help with the restoration?

The Brake & Fuel Lines run down the side of the Near Side (Right hand drive car) Main Chassis Rail, outside.

They are both held with a special U type clip that fits in the holes down the length of the Main rail, have a look at the Canley Classic page earlier, Item 36?