Rover V8 exhaust manifolds

shenderson

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement manifold?

My right hand manifold has broken just above the flange where it connects to the downpipe.

These are welded tubular jobs, both exiting towards the front and the downpipes curve rearwards beneath the engine cross member.  I think they are from an early conversion kit as the later ones seem to have at least one manifold exiting to the rear, as with the standard engine.

I might be able to get the manifold  welded up but I reckon it will only break again.  Also, I don't want to replace the rest of the exhaust, and I could do without chopping it about, especially as it was custom made.

Any ideas welcome...

Steve h

I think all the  better Rover ones exit the front. Is it Stainless or Mild Steel?
Has it broken due to stress in the system because it can't flex enough when you put your foot down or is it just rusty?
I would weld it up with a few bits added to stop it happening again.

It's mild steel.  I took it off last night and it's not as bad as I thought.  The weld has broken but the pipe itself is OK; I can reweld the flange without too much difficulty.

Apart from this dodgy weld it's reasonably well made, with no necking at the bends.  Probably not very efficient though as all the primary pipes are different lengths...

Steve H

• 3 months later...

Rimmers and Monarch do them.  The Rimmer ones are pricey and don't look very efficient.  The Monarch ones are even more expensive but look great on their website.  They appear to exit behind the cross-member, at least on the nearside.

You could try Robsports.  They mention Rover V8 in Stag on their website, but no details.

Steve H

Archived