Vitesse Exhaust Box

Nick Jones

I still have a standard exhaust (MK2) on my Vitesse at present attached to a Pheonix 6-3-1 extractor manifold.

The Unipart box is a bit worse for wear after 16 odd years (!).  Something a little rortier would be welcome but I don't want one of these twin systems - too loud (most of em), too obvious , too low and will cook my fuel pump.

I've been looking for a 'GT' version of the standard box with straight through path and larger bore, preferably in stainless.  Saw the very thing recently (attached to a car unfortunately).  I was told it came from Moss, but they deny it.  Have tried Rimmers and they deny it too.  Haven't actually asked Canley or Quiller but they don't list 'em.  Did ask Jigsaw and they don't either..... So who does?  (Didn't think much of those round things the SSC do either, specially the price...)

I could make one I suppose, but can think of many things I'd rather do!

Any ideas, anyone got one?  Clues gratefully received

Nick Jones
Somerset

Got mine from Canley. It's a 2" bore stainless single box. I think it's exactly what you're after. Sounds more rorty, lets the engine breathe a little better, but does not affect ground clearance in the way twin box setups do.

Probably because you are too busy thinky about how to improve your Vitesse, instead of coping out and typing on a keyboard!

I like the car by the way. Just bought Practical Performance Ccar-always a good read- interesting articles about EFi. Also great article about a racing 2000 mk1 saloon. Superb magazine.

Tim,

Are you referring to my small part in the July issue?  I only sent in a taster in case they were interested in a bit more detail and they stuck in in anyway.  My 5 year old was impressed!

It was a bit wierd though as in the same issue was a VTEC Honda thingy that parks in the road outside my office and I used to work with the Lancia Stratos guy - small world syndrome strikes again!

Thanks to all for interest and advice.  The news is

Moss (part numbers and website notwithstanding) do not produce this anymore.  Had a long discussion with a very helpful gent on this subject this morning.  However, Canley do sell such a thing (about £72) which should arrive Wednesday.

I'll keep you posted.

Archived