Rear Brake Lights GT6 Mk3

black6osprey

I noticed the other day that my rear lights are very slightly different if you look at the brake light. The left hand side looks fairly rectangular when you look closely but the right side are much more rounded. This gives the effect when looking at the brake lights when they are on that the right looks circular and the left rectangular.

I noticed when looking at Rimmers website that the two light assemblies they show are the same as mine with the left looking rectangular inside the lens and the right more rounded.

What's this all about. Is it that Spitfires had different to GT6 and Ive got one of each or what?

I've attached the Rimmers picture so I hope you can see what I mean.

Will have to have  a look at mine to see which I have on my Gt6

However, sorry for hijacking the thread, but is there anyway to clean the inside of the rear lights? They seems to be sealed and I dont thonk there is any way to get them apart and I have noticed mine are very dirty inside and hence the rear lights are very dim even with new bulbs. Myabe time for a trip into the dishwasher....

Mike

Mike, the lenses are screwed on to the lamp body. You will have to remove the lamp assemblies to gain access to the back. Might be a good idea to replace the foam gaskets at the same time as they go crumbly after a few years.
Steve.