Question on Hazard Warning Lights

worcester19

I have just had the most frustrating weekend working on the car and no further on and would be grateful if one of you clever chaps or chapesses or could help.

The hazard warning lights flash but very dimly which I though bad earth. To create a good earth I have attached a wire from the boot floor to the light panel but this does not help. All of the other lights including the indicators work fine.

I have changed the relay for a new one and have also tried another hazard warning switch albeit a used one but the problem persists.

Any help would be gratefully received as the summer is now over and I have still not used the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know that I changed the relay again when I went into the Garage on Saturday - and now the hazards work fine. The one that I replaced was clicking so I presumed it was OK. I suppose it is just bad luck that I had two duff relays!

Thanks everyone for looking though :)

Just a bit of welding in the boot and the footwell left and the purple monster will be back on the road - albeit 12 months late

Archived