Lundyosprey

Hi
I bought an offside rear wing from TD Fitchets several years ago and it wasn't brilliant. It was about 8mm to short in length, the pressing for the wheel arch was not as deep and as sharp, and the lower front section is flat as apposed to having a slight curve to follow the door. I think Fitchetts make the wings and supply the rest of the Trade, I may be wrong. Most panels I have bought from them for the Vitesse GT6 and Mk3-4 Spitfires have been really good, so maybe I just got a duff one. If I had to do it again I would try and repair the original wing instead of replacing it.

Hi Mark,
I asked if it was supplied to them from Fitchets and the answer was no.
I was also supprised that Rimmers were cheaper than Canleys which now makes me think it may not fit well, but will see when I get it.
I am suprised that your wing was not very good as all the stuff that I have purchased from them either directly or indirectly has been fine.
Sorry to say that the wing was in a poor state before I started, distorted due to welding and full of filler so I thought nothing to lose but I have not made it any better.

Make sure you have not got Herald/Vitesse body sag. This is where the top of the B post moves out, as the boot outriggers corrode and weaken.

Bill and others can give much better information, but if you have a wing that looks distorted it can often be a problem (not irrevokable) with the shell.

This usually shows up where the bottom of the door at the back kicks out from the shell. You think its a problem with the bulkhead, But it isn't.  :'(

Hi Richard,
The body is off the chassis and the outriggers were not in great condition, the usual thing, welded patches and only one welded on top.
The doors fitted ok, so don't put the distortion down to that, it has been welded and that has caused the distortion.
The parts have arrived and first impressions are they ok, but It would have been more sensible to have bought either from Fitchets or someone supplied from them.