Sill to Rear wing fixings

Richard B

[quote by=Richard_B link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1154371248,s=1 date=1154446853]

...Self-tapping screw? 5/16" head socket?... [/quote]Sorry, I don't have books or cars handy, but that's what I recall. Holding that screw might be some sort of speed nut plate; that I don't remember at the moment. I do remember there only being one at the very rear of each sill, and that they're a bit awkward (but not overly so) to get to.

On my Vitesse there was one each side at the back, with the same fixing as the side valences- the same coarse threaded  hex (5/16" I think) headed headed screw into a spire nut.

I don't know if this is how they are supposed to be however, as it was mainly rust'n'lob down there, and someone had been there before!!

Even if not standard, these screws are pretty good for this  job as the very coarse thread and looseish  fit into the spire nut means they don't corrode together as easily as a fine threaded nut'n'bolt would you can get 'em undone again, even several years down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Bill this afternoon at Yeovil Show. The rear has 1 spire nut with the female clip welded to the panel-work. As this is now rather hard to reproduce we have gone for a clip that fits into a square hole in the panel.

All we have to do is cut the correct square hole now!

Archived