Greeks

I was changing the oil on the BOB at the weekend, in the rain, and I noticed a bit of dripping coming from the bulkhead side of the passenger side wheel arch.
Oh, dear. There are two grommets there so I pulled the bottom one out...

And nearly drowned  :o Litres of water came out, and then I siphoned the rest out with a piece of wiper reservoir tubing. I noticed the other side of the car already had the grommet removed.

Surely Triumph didn't design this as some kind of ballast mechanism  ;D

I'm sure I've heard of this happening to others before, but is it common?
What can I do to stop it happening again? (i.e. any tips on where it gets in from)
Should I drill a low hole to let any water that gets in, get out?

Well worth doing. Pop the bonnet and you'll see where to fill in the drain channel as well. This then lets the water splash over the outside of the front wings rather than inside the wheel arch area.

This design flaw causes a lot of the big cars to lose their sills to rust. Still it was Triumphs first monocoque.

Richard:- currently welding the windscreen surround and the inner wing re-inforcement areas on his PI after replacing the sills and removing the front wings.   :'(

Thanks gents.

I'll do all of the above ... haven't seen Waxoyl in oz yet, but there must be something similar available.

Weirdly enough a dog (or other scent marking creature) seems to have peed on the very same wing in the last couple of days?!

Archived