bloody electrics

Tom2000

Recently had an issue with my indicators not working so I replaced the indicators and fitted a new flasher unit to find that suddenly they work, however went out today and none of my steering column electrics work. I cannot figure out what the problem is, fuses are fine  :(

The steering column has an earth lead in the engine bay connecting the column to the chassis. Try clamping an earth lead to any metal part of the column and see if the indicators work. That's the easiest thing to check first of all. Might also be loose wire on the indicator arm switch. I know what you mean though, I hate electrics!

Steering column earthing only affects the horn (and only then if you have a horn-push in the middle of the wheel) It has no influence of the function of the indicators, dip/main, or wiper switches.

Tom - are you still in Southampton?   If you're anywhere near the M3 this weekend, drop in (just off Jn 4a) and I'd be happy to chase through the electrics with you.  

cheers
bodders1

Bodders I am entirely free this weekend, I just have to refit and secure the seats which should only take me an hour tomorrow. Could you PM me your number? This would be mega handy and I'm sure I can repay with said beverage of choice.

Archived