Electrical Gremlins - 1500 spit

thedoc

Driving home - fortunately on a straight road , lost all lights - able to get home on hazards and main beam. Fuses OK replaced headlight switch even though the fault seemed to rectify itself before fitting the new switch. Driving home ,not totally dark on the second occasion fortunately, lost all lights inc. main beam and hazards. No interior lights, no horn, wiper OK, brake and reverse lights ok I guess one of my 3 circuits is OK.
Could this  "simply" be an earthing problem. Any thoughts? Simon.

Not had any failure that bad, but i have had all rear lights and dash lights go out on me, mine turned out to be a dodgy fuse box, i took my fuses out and all connectors and cleaned them all up, rebuilt and no problems ever since, maybe worth a try?

rich

While checking out the fuse box ,the interior lights started winking at me. No obvious corrosion or visible bad connection; after abit of a fiddle all seems OK again - would have been nice to see an actual problem - fingers crossed next night drive! Although the fuses checked out I will replace them as one of them was cracked. Thanks for your input.Simon.

I had my interior lihts start doing that after messing around with the wiring above the passenger glovebox, If I pushed the loom up and down it caused the lights to go off/on , Turned out to be the bottom fuse, The C connector was a bit loose and needed bending to make a tighter fit with the fuse.