wiring in a 3.9 v8? where do the wires go!

yellowtr7v8

:-/
Hi there, I think this is my first post? I am in Geelong Australia.

Anyway, I have a TR7 and have stuck in a 3.9 v8 with a supra 5 speed gearbox and am up to the wiring stage!

First question is, where/how do I get the wires with big computer connection through the "small" holes in the firewall to connect the computer up inside the glovebox?

I'll leave it at that for tonight! But If I post a few other wiring questions in the near future with photos, maybe I could get some tips! I think I will need a few!

Thanks!

I CANT wait to get it going!

Troy

Hi, the supra bellhousing and other clutch parts are from http://www.dellowconversions.com.au/

I will just leave it as is for the moment, as apparently in Oz we got a 3.63:1 with the 5 speed box. With the gearbox ratios, it looks pretty good to me.
IE, my engine is meant to rev to 6500, so 1st 60kmh, 2nd 104kmh, 3rd 154kmh, 4th 197kmh, 5th 251km/h. My gearbox is pretty modern from a real supra, that is not an 80s one!

Of course I would like an LSD, which I will get later on hopefully and a ratio similar to this would be good I suppose.

Sounds like an interesting conversion, but with a V8 and mentioned rear end ratio I forsee lots of wheelspin  ;D

5790 wrote:
... where/how do I get the wires with big computer connection through the "small" holes in the firewall to connect the computer up inside the glovebox? ...

Fit the cable loom from inside out maybe, and feed the various connectors through the hole into the enginebay one by one  :-/
Although there is a rather large hole next to the fuse box exiting behind the wiper motor ...

Thanks Beans for the pics!
Had a look, and I dont think poking them through individually is an option! Too many wires to mess up!
I think it may be that I have to make another larger hole in the firewall, or obtain a nice box that I could put in place of the battery as a wire/computer/relays box and put the battery in the boot (which I was considering anyway).

Has anyone used a box for this? hmm, sounds like a good idea to me! Should look neat if done well.