Greenie

Can you use a multi-meter? Check which switch contacts are closed circuit when the switch in in both the first and the second position. These will be normal and high speed respectively. Then look at your wiper motor. Two of the brushes in the motor are diametrically opposite each other. A third brush is offset, close to one of the opposite pair. The brush on its own is common to both speeds of the motor, and is connected to ground. The common brush and the opposite brush are used for normal speed. The common brush and the offset brush are used for high speed. I can't remember the wire colours or swich connections off the top of my head, but if you need wire colours, look on a wiring diagram. If you don't have one, give me a shout and I can find one somewhere.

Thanks Jaybee and Harry, this is a bit of a non standard job as it's for a Hurricane.

For the switch end, I buzzed out the connectors on the switch and worked out what was going on inside and confirmed with Harry's diagram.

I managed to find a loom from a Spitfire 1500 which I'll use and that has the correct connector at the motor end. I know some of the wiring diagrams have errors in them so it's reassuring to confirm physical circuits against the schematics.

Thanks again for your help.