control switch pannel access

A TR7 16V

Can anybody help with how to remove the small pannel with the side/main light switch in the middle of the dashboard on the 13/60. I have an intermittent fault with the supply to the side-lights that seems to be at the switch. However, haveing slung a radio under the dash, access is a bit constrained, so I'd like to have some idea of what I'm doing before I start taking it all out - I hate finding I've done it the hard way for stupid reasons.

Graham

Quoted Text
to remove the main master light switch you just need to undo the switch by removing the bezel.

You will need to remove the knob first by pressing in the sprung pin from underneath with a v small screwdriver or similar (I use an old bicycle spoke).  They can be quite stiff.
C.

I can't really get the switch out from underneath the dash without taking the radio out. So I was hoping the small panel would come out the front to give me access to the back of the switch - I think it could be a loose wire.
I don't know why Mr Haynes don't show the clips that hold it to the wood of the dash.

Graham

I recently had to remove mine also, although there is no Radio fitted underneath to get in the way.

You have to remove the control knobs as mentioned before and then remove by unscrewing each bezel for each control. The Panel, if i remember correctly is then free to be removed. The choke cable and heater cable ( extreme left and right side controls ) are fixed to a steel bracket but you do not Need to remove this bracket, it aligns the controls when replacing the Panel.

Quoted from Antonnick
I recently had to remove mine also, although there is no Radio fitted underneath to get in the way.

You have to remove the control knobs as mentioned before and then remove by unscrewing each bezel for each control. The Panel, if i remember correctly is then free to be removed. The choke cable and heater cable ( extreme left and right side controls ) are fixed to a steel bracket but you do not Need to remove this bracket, it aligns the controls when replacing the Panel.

That seems nice and clear, thanks.

Graham