Spit6 (x2)

npanne

It’s been a while since since I posted on a CT page - I’ll be honest and admit that the old forum drove me mad, so I jumped ship for a while - but glad to see that things are on the up.

Anyone paying attention will remember the first project - my blue Spitty that gained its 6-pot some years back, but continues to put up resistance. Not much has moved on that TBH - I’ve bought a few bits for it, but mostly it’s sat under a cover awaiting my attention.

What’s a man to do when he can’t drive his Triumph? Obvious answer - buy another one, of course 🙂

The red Spit6 was acquired a couple of months back - converted many years ago by the previous owner who sadly passed away and whose family put the car up for sale close to me - it seemed too convenient to turn down - despite what my wife thinks. There’s a lot about it that isn’t to my taste, so don’t judge me - but I must admit that things like the odd mirrors and MX5 seats might look out of place, but they work annoyingly well, so the jury remains out for now. 

So that’s me and my Triumph fleet - plenty of tinkering to be done, but hopefully interspersed with some driving this year, if there’s anywhere open to drive to 🙂

95B649E3-3097-4B46-9D51-B4948AE1F505.jpeg

9B3313D7-97BE-48B8-AFCE-556C5B037E6B.jpeg

945F377F-7E89-4C4D-A1D6-C07583A002DF.jpeg

572B91EF-BE2F-4FEA-BCC8-98A94CC127F0.jpeg

D50287EA-A9FA-42BB-BC08-D3F70BECC695.jpeg

65A6930D-216B-499E-9340-F2E730DD1724.png

• Like 1

Thanks Ben.

I’ve never been a massive fan of slot mags, but these are growing on me - although I have a few other options to try given time. They kind-of match with some of the questionable features - like the...ummm... interesting bonnet vents that seem to have come from a Vauxhall, or something GM anyway.

It’s a bit like getting a rescue pet - its imperfections give it character 🙂

A2CA1EB4-3ECB-455E-BADE-D2CFAF864C4B.jpeg

54 minutes ago, npanne said:

Thanks Ben.

I’ve never been a massive fan of slot mags, but these are growing on me - although I have a few other options to try given time. They kind-of match with some of the questionable features - like the...ummm... interesting bonnet vents that seem to have come from a Vauxhall, or something GM anyway.

It’s a bit like getting a rescue pet - its imperfections give it character 🙂

A2CA1EB4-3ECB-455E-BADE-D2CFAF864C4B.jpeg

Astra GTE. I remember him fitting them.....

Ron was always a bit of a character. Decent chap though.

18 minutes ago, Clive said:

Astra GTE. I remember him fitting them.....

Ron was always a bit of a character. Decent chap though.

Funnily enough I’d just found a picture online identifying them as Astra GTE vents. 

Even those are growing on me - the bonnet will need some tidying and a blow-over at some point, and I need to make my mind up about the vents and the mirrors before then.

And the least said about the oil pressure the better 🙂

9 hours ago, npanne said:

Funnily enough I’d just found a picture online identifying them as Astra GTE vents. 

Even those are growing on me - the bonnet will need some tidying and a blow-over at some point, and I need to make my mind up about the vents and the mirrors before then.

And the least said about the oil pressure the better 🙂

Ah, I supplied him the engine. But it was 20 years ago, maybe more. And it was the princely sum of £25 I think. That was after the "good" engine he got from a Triumph breaker turned out to be knocking badly when warm. 

But all that is minor stuff,  should be relatively straightforward to fix. Meanwhile the summer is coming.

46 minutes ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Clive,

You 'stumbled' across a set, what are they just laying around....?

Its amazing what one finds when delving into nooks and crannies, found a set of Canley's modded upper wishbones the other day in one of my filing cabinets!!!! Forgot I had them!

In a cupboard in the garage. Right at the back, buried under a load of Dolomite suspension stuff. I really need to go through all the cupboards, there must be all sorts that I have forgotten about. My life needs simplifying... 

• 1 month later...