Clutch change + fan coupling

Rich_s

I have just put my car on the road after being stood for 2 years, after being ran for a few days the viscous fan coupling is making a noise and the fan wobbles so i guess the bearing is no good, can these be done without removing the water pump, i have just replaced the coolant and dont want to have to drain it all again if i can help it.

The second problem is my clutch, as well as being a bit heavy, when the engine is warm the pedal becomes notchy, so does not release smoothly, when cold it is fine, only when hot is it a problem, also if i let the clutch out too quick it screeches slightly, does this sound like the clutch needs replacing and the mechanism cleaning to give a smooth clutch pedel? if so how big a job is it to replace the clutch, any things to watch when changing etc?

Thanks in advance
Rich

should have mentioned the gearbox and bellhousing come out through the car. never tried dropping it, but you'd have to remove all teh gearbox tunnel anyway i reckon. also, if you're particuarly proud of your passenger side glovebox, take that out aswell. mine is mangled anyway so i left it in and it got bashed about a bit taking the gearbox out.

Archived