Two times Mabel strikes again!!

Wendy Dawes

Took Mabel out last Sunday to test the planned route for west mids drive it day to Chatsworth.  She duly completed the 110 mile round trip but suspect a worn drive shaft UJ  on the way home.  Got back ok but is it possible to change a UJ  on drive shaft without removing the whole thing,  just completely replaced her braking system front & rear looks like having to disconnect the rear brakes again

any suggestions welcome thank you 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

You might be able to wangle the drive shaft out with the slave cylinder and back plate still attached to the flexible.  (but you'd need a driveshaft puller)

You might even manage to do the job with the shaft still on the car, but that would be a huge faff and you'd need to work underneath.

I'd clamp the flexible and pull the whole lot off and do the job on the bench...

49 minutes ago, yorkshire_spam said:

You might be able to wangle the drive shaft out with the slave cylinder and back plate still attached to the flexible.  (but you'd need a driveshaft puller)

You might even manage to do the job with the shaft still on the car, but that would be a huge faff and you'd need to work underneath.

I'd clamp the flexible and pull the whole lot off and do the job on the bench...

Thanks Sam,  looks like taking the whole hub and shaft out as I’ve put stainless braided hoses on, obviously can’t clamp them 🙄  

either way it’s a bugger !!!!