Alternator tensioners

Northernstar002

Hi all,

Has anyone used these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pinto-Alternator-Adjuster-Belt-Tensioner-Bracket-Ford-Kitcar-Mk-12-rally-race-M8/282921117497?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They look pretty good, so I contacted the seller on his Facebook page to see if he has any that fit a Spitfire (you'll notice that the add shows that a Triumph TR6 is an application).

He told me that, to make make sure, he'd need the distance between the centres of the nut bracket and the nut on the alternator when tensioned and whether the bolts would be M8 or M10 (even though ours are imperial - well, perhaps not the alternator if you've replaced it).

Can anyone supply this information?

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Bump,

I'm guessing that M8 size would fit the 1300 spit? Is this the nearest size to the bolt that holds the bracket to the water pump area?

Does anyone have a measurement from the centre of the bracket bolt to the alternator bolt? I'll compare this with mine and then let the supplier know...

I just need someone's opinion....

This link may be of assistance, and about half the price of the original one above

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-16-Turnbuckle-Kit-Adjustment-120mm-Up-Lock-Nuts-Choose-Rod-Ends-to-Suit/381772023072?hash=item58e362c520:m:mL-8zlWt2LGqkNDfKM-vvnQ

A reputable supplier. And a choice of components to suit. The economy version will be adequate as there is not a lot of movement going on. Plus you can order boots etc if required.