Complete rebuild or scap

Lee

Hi,Personally I would go for the restore, as you will be saving another Triumph as a whole! On the other hand if you break you’ll help save a few Triumphs! What it boils down to is your time and your budget and your enthusiasm to restore a Classic Triumph! Which ever way you choose have fun doing it! Remember there’s a lot of help and advice available to achieve a restoration.

Restoration should be possible, given enough time, money and commitment.  Have a look at the Triumph Stag Rescue posts by Matt306 for inspiration.

Beware though that when done, the market value is unlikely to come close to the restoration costs.

Hopefully it will be saved but, if not, I would hope that as many parts as possible can be saved to keep others on the road.

Edited by shenderson

1 hour ago, Adrianb said:

Hi,Personally I would go for the restore, as you will be saving another Triumph as a whole! On the other hand if you break you’ll help save a few Triumphs! What it boils down to is your time and your budget and your enthusiasm to restore a Classic Triumph! Which ever way you choose have fun doing it! Remember there’s a lot of help and advice available to achieve a restoration.

Thank you owner wants to save it so starting to price everything needed 

On 23/06/2022 at 15:48, shenderson said:

Restoration should be possible, given enough time, money and commitment.  Have a look at the Triumph Stag Rescue posts by Matt306 for inspiration.

Beware though that when done, the market value is unlikely to come close to the restoration costs.

Hopefully it will be saved but, if not, I would hope that as many parts as possible can be saved to keep others on the road.

Thanks @shenderson.  Anything is saveable... it depends if you have the will money and time. I do mine very much as a hobby, my TR7 is my daily driver as its not that valuable its 2l its fuel injected tax free and i like tan check. 

The stag is a lovely car and is my 4th car resto i am taking my time... driver side then passenger, then flip it over for a clean and paint in 2k.

My advice is split it down to sections and tackle a section at a time.