Decorated Spitfire

aar0sc

Hi All, 

I'm getting married in two weeks, and will be using my Spitfire 1500 to drive my new wife back from the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions for decorating it for the day, beyond the usual strip of ribbon from the nose to the doors (which will of course fall off every time we open a door!). 

Cheers,
Aaron

18 hours ago, aar0sc said:

Hi All, 

I'm getting married in two weeks, and will be using my Spitfire 1500 to drive my new wife back from the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions for decorating it for the day, beyond the usual strip of ribbon from the nose to the doors (which will of course fall off every time we open a door!). 

Cheers,
Aaron

Why tie the ribbon to the doors? Go to the top of the screen, put cable ties through the bolt holes for the hard top & tie the ribbons to them.

No decoration tips but I assume you will be giving the car a good spring clean and polish for the big day. While you are busy make sure you degrease and clean the door catches and keepers to avoid any damaged clothes.  

Even if they end up too dry it wouldn't be a problem providing you re-oil them next time you use it - have a great day.

Used my spitfire for our 2 daughters weddings in the last 2 years.

Ribbon tied to top corner of screen frame, possibly sunvisor, but I cannot remember. 

BUT Kevin has made a very good point. We used a double bedsheetdraped over the seat on beyond into the car, and over the sills etc for when they were getting in. easy to then tuck that bit in once bride is seated. Yes a faff, but the risks are too high to calculate.

Most important, don't worry too much at all about it. Do something, keep it simple. But there is so much more for you to worry about.

BTW our WA today. We used our then spit after the wedding. And we are just off to the New Forest for a short break, in our current yellow spitfire. These cars play a significant role in our lives.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, aar0sc said:

Hi All, 

Cheers,
Aaron

On a more serious note, there are lots of nice ideas on google images 👍 hope you get something sorted 💕

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

A bit late - but here’s the result, snapped outside the church! 

Edited to re-add photo - apparently the original 8mb was too much, so apologies for the pixels!

O & A-360.jpeg

Edited by aar0sc
  • Like 5